Sunday, March 22, 2009

20th March - drive in the dark

a while ago, i would have round it weird, waking up so early before the sun is even up, but am kinda used to it now so thats cool. alarm usually goes off at 6 but i end up waking at 5 anyway, and for you guys who think that thats some ominous sign of brain damage, it is not. i am functioning fine, despite all the head trauma i have had in the past.

so yeah, with staff meeting at 7 am. i got up at 5.30 as usual, ahead of schedule. so i lay in bed staring at the ceiling with my ipod still playing in my ear from the night before.. wishing it was raining, wishing that i never had to get out of bed, wishing things were somehow different, that i'd have less on my mind..

amidst all that i dozed off again, only to wake at 6.30 with a "OH SHIT I AM GONNA BE LATE". so i rushed out of bed, brushed my teeth, washed my hair and jumped into the car and took off.

the drive was short, but nice. the sun was not quite up yet, so with my headlights on, highbeams when still on the small streets, and my ipod playing through the 7 speaker bose, i gave the car a nice warming up, and the car gave in to me. with not many cars on the road, it seemed like the road belonged to me, if not for the fact that the road was a tad wet, it made perfect condition to run free and far. in second, the car screamed at 80 km/h near the redline, and i put it into third, watching the revs dip and rising again with a steady foot.. in the end, i settled for 140km/h before i hit the brakes when i got to the cafe.

the meeting was as usual. ordered my comfort drink coffee with 2 sugars, and bacon and eggs for breakfast. there was talk about changing stock lines and pushing for more scripts on file, however, what was alarming was that there seems to be an increasing number of hold ups and robberies of pharmacies in the area, so much so that we were each given a short briefing of what to do in the event of one. apparently there was a pharmacy that got robbed twice. :S

drive home was not as satisfying, which might be due to the crowded roads, but nevertheless i had my time along pearson on the way back.. picked my brother up and dropped in skol and headed down there myself..

afternoon time after lessons was great, bummed and slept at abi's place along with a few friends. the idea was to go get our pharm tute done, but due to various problems, i.e. the server was not configured for out of uni access, we were unable to get it done. hence, yeah spent it watching british sitcoms and sleeping. wei hao and david had a go on tap tap on my ipod which was rather funny to watch. imagine two guys bent over a small black device tapping away. haha

dinner was steamboat with wei hao, david, lishya, joyce, my brother, kah yong and the simpsons. it was fun and the food was great. thanks guys.

headed home after, dad insisted on picking me up instead of leaving me with the car.. but mehs. does not matter.. and slept early that night.. ipod in my ears.. the last song i remembred listening to was "delicate-damien rice"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.